The Better Man Scholarship
$1,500 in scholarships to incoming freshmen
Who Can Apply?
- We encourage all incoming freshmen men to apply.
- Applicants are not required to have an interest in joining a fraternity.
Why Should I Apply?
- Applicants will have a chance to win 1 of 3 $500 scholarships to be used on tuition, books, housing, etc.
- Applicants will have a chance to meet several well-connected and involved members of Ohio State's campus that will help them with their transition to college and getting involved.
- While many applicants may not have an interest in joining a fraternity, they will better understand who Delta Sig is as a chapter and if Greek Life is something they will consider pursuing in the spring of 2020.
What Does the Process Look Like?
- Our brief applications, which can be found at the top of this page or at go.osu.edu/thebetterman, will close on Monday, 9/30/2019 at 11:59pm.
- After applications are collected, reviewed, and scored, invitations will be dispersed to selected applicants for a series of interviews throughout October and early November of 2019.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced in late November of 2019.
- We will select applicants for interviews and finalize the 3 scholarship recipients based on a numerical scoring guide considering our chapter values and national fraternity values
- An applicant’s desire or plan to join Delta Sig will not affect their chances of receiving the scholarship, and recipients are not required to join the fraternity.
What Differentiates This Scholarship From Others?
- The Better Man Scholarship is a seamless process focused on recognizing outstanding young men and providing them with insights into Delta Sig and Greek Life as a whole at Ohio State.
- The scholarship requires minimal time and effort from the applicant’s point of view and the transparency of the process allows applicants to get the most out of this time they are spending filling out the application and getting to know brothers in the interview process.